*Makes 2 total blocks*
Strip sets of each:
Light color- cut one 1 1/2" x 22" strip (these are small! they are those itty-bitty patches!)
Dark color- cut one 1 1/2" x 22" strip
1. Sew the light and dark strips together.
2. Cut your now sewn strip into 16- 1 1/2" segments.
3. Arrange the segments into 8- 2 1/2" squares (these are the corner squares that have 4 small squares in one box. see above.)
4. Cut 8- 2 1/2" squares from your Light color and one 2 1/2" square from your dark color. In the picture above, these are the large single light colored squares in the block.
5. Arrange small squares into rows:
- Top row and bottom row: 2 small 4 patch squares, separated by a large light colored square.
- Middle row: 2 large light colored square separated by a large dark square.
6. Sew each strip row by row, like the 9-Patch block. Sew the red strip to the green strip, then sew the green strip to the blue strip. Done!
*Pay close attention to how you place your small squares in the rows! In my block, the small dark squares lead into the middle.
*Make sure the seams butt up together so that the they line up for a nice meeting of corners.
Since I'm a beginner quilter, I found this block a little more difficult. There are lots of squares of varying sizes, and my corners didn't always want to meet up perfectly. Oh well!