These are by far the best brownies I've ever had. Even though they take a little bit longer to make, they beat out of the box brownies by far! If you want to kill it at your next dinner party, serve up this little number. :o)
I was introduced to these brownies when we were visiting family in MN. We baked them at about 9:00pm, but by the time they were done, the whole house needed a taste!
6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (I used Hershey's)
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted
4 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 T. vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9x13 pan.
2. Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter in the microwave, about 1 minute depending on your microwave. Stir until smooth and melted. Set aside.
3. Mix eggs on medium speed until light yellow in color, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and blend on low until mixed well.
4. Add vanilla and melted chocolate to egg mixture. Blend on low until smooth, then add the flour and mix.
5. Pour mixture into greased pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool and frost.
6 T. milk
6 T. butter, melted
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Make when brownies are baking. Mix the first three items and bring to a boil. Boil for 30 seconds.
2. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Spread onto warm brownies, let set for about 10 minutes, and serve! (Optional: garnish with a strawberry or raspberry)
*I love to eat these brownies fresh and warm, but many others also like them cool. Refrigerate and eat cold if you like the icing to be more firm and set.
plates and cup: Fiesta dinnerware