I love to make this cold pasta salad for summer get-togethers. It's simple and tasty and doesn't take long to makes.
2 boxes of tri-colored rotini
1 container of cherry tomatoes
8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
1 can sweet peas
1 envelope of dry Italian Dressing
1. Boil the pasta according to directions on the box. I like to add some olive oil, maybe about a tablespoon, to the water, so they don't stick together. Let the pasta cool in the fridge for a few hours, stirring occassionally.
2. While pasta is cooling, cut tomatoes in half and add to a large serving bowl.
3. Drain and add the sweet peas to the tomatoes. Mix together.
4. Once the pasta has cooled, add it slowly to the tomatoes and pea mixture.
5. Coat pasta with olive oil to your taste. I like to add just enough oil to my pasta so that it's not sticky, a little less than 1/4 cup.
6. Add cheese to the mix and stir, breaking up any extra large clumps.
7. Sprinkle dry Italian Dressing over your pasta salad, mixing as you go.
You can also add other things to this salad to get a different mix such as onion or black beans. The great thing about this salad is that it's not fussy. All you have to do is keep it cold and take it with you when you're ready!