November 1, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness Challenge


A goal of mine this month is to complete K-Love's Challenge of 30 Days of Thankful Prayer. Every day for the month of November (in the spirit of Thanksgiving!), pray (or remind yourself if you're not spiritual) for something that you are thankful for. It can be anything that you are thankful for, nothing is too small!

*If you haven't heard of K-Love, check them out! They are a national Christian radio station that is always positive and encouraging (which is actually their motto). Their music is amazing and addictive!*

Day 1
Dear God, thank you so much for my little family that I can call my own. I love them with every fiber of my being. Thank you for blessing me with two amazing people, my husband and son. Amen.

Day 2
Dear God, thank you for my good health! Amen.

Day 3
Dear God, thank you for good friends, friends that even love my child as their own, and want to be a part of my life! Amen.

Day 4
God, thank you for my large family, flaws and all. We learn a lot from each other and about each other. Thank you for the experiences, and little people, you put in our lives that help to bring us closer. Amen.

Day 5
God, thank you for K-Love! I love listening to this station every morning online. It puts me in a good mood, and it's music that I know my son will grow up loving. I love how this station changes so many lives just through songs and encouraging stories. I'm proud that my family and I help contribute to that cause. Amen.

Day 6
God, I am thankful that you have blessed my family with the opportunity for me to stay home with Christian! It gets rough and tough, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am truly blessed. Amen.

Day 7
God, thank you for my warm house! We might have outgrown it, but she's still a great place! Amen.

Day 8
Dear God, thank you for blessing my family with everything we need. I am thankful that we aren't in need of necessities and that we have the luxury to splurge on new things here and there. Amen. 

Day 9
Lord, thank you for those that were able to join us for Christian's birthday and celebrate an important milestone in his life! Amen. 

Day 10
Lord, thank you for blessing me with a husband who loves me for who I am, my past, present and future. Thank you for putting him here for me, a person who is so much like myself, but different in the areas that I am weak, that help me to grow. Amen. 

Day 11
Lord, I am thankful for all the men and women who serve our country, whether it's touring overseas, behind a desk answering the phone, designing plans, mechanics working on military equipment etc. They all serve us in one way or another and I am thankful. I am also thankful for their families (wives, husbands, children, mothers, fathers etc) that lend them for our service and sacrifice their family time. For all of those that have served, are serving and will serve our country, I am thankful. Amen.

Day 12
Dear God, I am so thankful for cloth diapers! They help the earth stay cleaner and they aren't that much more work. I am thankful for the knowledgeable people and groups that have helped me when starting cloth diapering, and encouraging me along my cloth route. I am also thankful that Michael has been on board since day 1. We've conquered cloth diapers and love it! Amen.

Day 13
Dear God, I am thankful that Christian (as well as future kids) have our great dog, Niko, to grow up with! I love that he's in our lives! Amen.

Day 14
God, I am thankful for a husband that is such a hard worker, and a pretty good one too. :o) He has to be away from us during the day, which I'm sure is hard, but he works continually so that I can raise Christian, and I am thankful for that.

Day 15
Lord, I am thankful that my in-laws don't mind driving us to MN to visit family! Even with a one year old in tow. :o)

Day 16
Lord, I am thankful that we are able to provide our little Christian with healthy food. It's not cheap, and I am happy and grateful that we have the funds for him to eat healthily. 

Day 17
God, I am thankful for all of my family that came before me, that made a part of this world their own during much more difficult times than I've seen. Amen.

Day 18
God, I am thankful for my good health again and the ability to be able to travel around the nation to visit with family. Amen.  

Day 19
Dear Lord, I am thankful that we have a reliable car to travel in! Amen.

Day 20
Lord, thank you for my warm, cozy bed. Amen.

Day 21
Lord, I am thankful for all the moments and events that we are able to spend with our loved ones. I hope to not take them for granted. Amen. 

Day 22
Dear Lord, I am thankful that I have such a sweet, lovie little boy! Amen. 

Day 23
Dear Lord, I am thankful that my little boy was born healthy! Amen. 

Day 24
God, I am grateful that Christian's fever has come down since last night! It was a raging 105.3!! I am so thankful!! Amen. 

Day 25
God, I am thankful that Christian takes medicine with no problem! I am lucky! Thank you! Amen. 

Day 26
Thank you God for a healthy eating toddler! I love that he's not picky and I'm lucky. Amen.

Day 27
Thank you God for a warm house during the cold winter. Amen.

Day 28
Thank you God for all the delicious food that you have provided us! The animals, grains, vegetables, down to the sugar for desserts! Amen.

Day 29
Thank you God for a husband who is willing to stay home and watch Christian while I go shopping! Amen.

Day 30
Thank you God for all of my family and the time we get to spend with them! Amen.


I love this song so much I decided to post it. It's called The Luckiest by Ben Folds. I first heard this song when I was at a wedding with my husband and our first child was due to be born in about a month. It was special, and an amazing song for a moment in time that will forever be engraved on my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...