March 18, 2014

Spicy Honey Salmon Glaze: My own {delicious} recipe

I'm not a very big salmon eater (minus a salmon loaf during the holidays), but after I came up with this little recipe, I'll eat any amount of salmon with this glaze!

Spicy Honey Salmon Glaze
-1 1/2 lb salmon fillet
-minced garlic, half a clove
-1 T. olive oil
-Cayenne powder to taste
-1/2 red onion, chopped
-1-2 T. honey (depending on size of fillet and thickness. Enough to cover but not smother!)
-1 T. (or a nice sprinkle) brown sugar (optional, this gives it a nice color)

1. Heat a large pan with 1/2 the olive oil and cook one side of the salmon for about 4-5 minutes (depending on thickness of fillet). Make sure it turns a nice light pink half way through the fillet.

2. Once you have flipped the fillet over to cook the other side, add 1/2 the garlic in the pan (next to the fillet) with a the other half of the olive oil, along with the onions to saute. Saute for about 5 minutes (watch the garlic to make sure it doesn't burn! Also, if you do not like raw garlic, then saute all of the garlic in this step).

3. Now that you have flipped the fillet to the second side to cook, drizzle the honey on top, letting in soak into any cracks. Then top the fillet with the rest of the minced garlic, sprinkle on the cayenne powder and brown sugar. Let the sugar melt and the fillet finish cooking on that side. *Make sure the honey has time to cook on top of the salmon! It doesn't taste the same if you put it on last minute.*

4. When the fillet is finished, top it with the onion and garlic mixture, then serve!

This recipe is so delicious that hubby requests it, and now we have salmon every week. :o) I'm so happy that I've found a way to cook salmon that I enjoy since my boys love it and it's known to be one of the healthiest foods!


Bonus: this helps me cross off #10 on my 30 while 30 goals, create a delicious recipe!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...