August 15, 2014

A Few Favorites

These are a few things I've been diggin' recently, and boy are some realllly yummy.

1. Oatmeal Bread- This is my friend Christina's blog! I wanted to try out her totally awesome bread, and I'm so glad I did. It was really easy and tasted amazing. I'll definitely be making this as opposed to buying my own bread. This recipe makes 2 loafs.
I also really loved using the bread for a tomato sandwich, which, I had never had before! It was so delicious! All you need is bread, Mayo or Miracle Whip, tomato slices, and a sprinkle of salt. 
2. Another goody from Christina's site was the Korean Beef. It was easy, and now that I purchased a few ingredients that I don't normally have on hand (like sesame oil and soy sauce), I can make this more often! It was a family pleaser!

3. I Miss the Village- even though this article came out a few weeks ago, I still love it. It definitely speaks to us as a people needing a group gathering atmosphere, like when we used to live in close knit villages. There is something to be said about it "taking a village to raise a child." We all need each other, and we all need something from each other. I have met the author Bunmi Laditan in person and she is hilarious and refreshingly real! You can find her at The Honest Toddler.

4. Another article that peaked my interest was: Why Courtship is Fundamentally Flawed. I was raised in the sense that dating was fine, but the older I got, I thought courtship was more romantic and possibly better. After reading this article it definitely makes more sense that dating around (going on single dates) could be more beneficial!
 
5. Look at this super cute Tula carrier, Click! I'd buy it in a heart beat if I didn't have my Boba G3. So adorable!

6. I thought this baby skunk video was super cute! Look how lovable he is...

7. I've been liking this blog: KZ and Me, because of all her posts on baby play! There are some great ideas like: textured runway, light exploration, and mini center play space.
8. How cute is this hanging wire basket?!

Wishlist Items that I'd love to try
-with Autumn around the corner, I'd love to try out a pie shield!
-stainless steal straws, especially since they are inexpensive ($6 for 4?!), harder to break than glass straws, and would help reduce trash! Just carry them with you.
-I'm all about saving money and reducing our footprint on Earth. The Nest Thermostat, although expensive, helps save energy by "learning" your schedule by keeping a record of your habits. For more details check out these awesome reviews by Young House Love: Cooling gets Cooler, and an update on how they like it, How you Like me Now?

*My current show obsession: True Blood!* I just got hooked on the show not too long ago and am all caught up on episodes! Plus, I love what Anna Paquin did for her new hair style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...